Although some bets have particularly attractive payout rates, keep in mind that they will be associated with a very prohibitive house advantage! If you miss the boat, you run the risk of bringing the heck to your bankroll! Avoid the Big 6 and Big 8 at all costs, the house’s profit margin peaks at 9.09% for a 1 to 1 odds. The ‘Place 6’ and ‘Place 8’ bets are much more profitable and pay at 7 against 6! The ‘Hardways’ bets on the 4, 6, 8, and 10 and their house advantage of almost 10% are also to be put away.
As fun and enticing as they may seem, avoid the ‘Proposal Bets’ as much if you don’t intend to go broke. Even if the odds can climb to 30 to 1, the house advantage is just as dizzying! Stay as far away as possible from the following bets: ‘Any Craps,’ ‘Any 7’, ‘Any Eleven,’ ‘Craps Eleven,’ ‘Any 2 & 12’, and ‘Any 3’.
Craps odds and payouts
Before tackling the chapter devoted to the transfer of winnings, it is necessary to take the time to discover the different ways of obtaining this or that number, especially in a game like craps where you have to place bets on a roll of the dice. The payout of earnings is a corollary to the probability of exiting certain numbers and certain combinations.
The account method 5 – An alternative strategy
As much to specify immediately that the method of counting 5 or ‘5-Count Craps Method’ is not made for cardiac players since they will have to place bets in the heat of the action. This is a fairly simple strategy to put into practice that will allow you to minimize your losses around the table. Here are the ins and outs:
- Account 0 – This is the ‘come out roll.’ The shooter rolls the initial dice.
- Account 1 – The account remains blocked at 0 as long as the shooter does not establish a point on a 4, a 5, a 6, an 8, a 9 or a 10. The account, therefore, remains blocked at 0 if he makes a 2, a 3, a 7, an 11 and a 12. In other cases, it goes to 1.
- Accounts 2 to 4 – Count 1 point for each roll of dice after the establishment of the point until you reach count 4, regardless of the result.
- Account 5 – As soon as you are at account 4, the shooter must necessarily obtain a point (4, 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10) to reach account 5. Stay on account 4 if he obtains a completely different one figure.
- As soon as you are at count 5, place a bet on the table. Stick to the ‘Pass’ bets, the ‘Do not Pass’ bets, the Come bets, the Non-Come bets, and the Odds Bets. Avoid any other risky bet!
Play craps online!
The different methods discussed on this page represent only a small portion of the countless betting strategies applicable to the world of craps. However, by familiarizing yourself with the different betting possibilities and understanding the payout mechanism associated with each of them, you will be able to approach your next games with confidence.